Thursday, October 11, 2012

JEWELRY DISPLAY - part II {DIY vintage china}

I am always looking for new ways to organize and display my jewelry. In my previous post Jewelry display Part I, I showed a few ways to store bracelets and necklaces. Today, I want to show you how you can organize your rings and things. I love the idea of using pretty vintage china teacups and saucers to hold sparkly gems. I just love the pretty pop of colors trimmed in gold! You can find pretty vintage china online (I found a lot on etsy) and cost anywhere from $15 to $75 for really intricate ones. I don't know about you but I'd rather spend my money on the jewels! So off I go to my local thrift store and for less than $20 I bought a ton of glass teacups, saucers, bowls, plates in whatever size I thought I needed and then some paint and gold sharpie (I love the gold sharpie!!!) Oops I forgot to take a pic of the sharpie but you can buy it here. I am very happy with how it all turned out and cant wait to make a few more in bright bold colors. What do you guys think? scroll down to see the BEFORE pics.
black teacup "keep calm and drink tea" the other side says "keep calm and drink coffee" sitting on a peach scallop saucer
loving my polka dots
tribal inspired
this piece and the white polka dot bowl is my fav!
I should've used 2 coats inside the bowl so the polka dots don't show thru but still cute! what do you think?
BEFORE PAINTING: These have been washed and dried // They cost about $1~ $2.50 each
AFTER PAINTING: I used acrylic paint $0.59 from Joann
the inspiration






1 comment:

  1. you gave those old glass cups/saucers a new life! i love it! gold sharpies are amazine!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment. It made my day!

xoxo,
stylelatte